Here are a few writing opportunities for aspiring authors:
Good Housekeeping Silver Linings Writing Contest
· Word Count: 1,500 to 2,500 words
· Deadline: September 1, 2015
· Theme: non-fiction story about a time in your life when something good came from a seemingly bad situation
· You'll be entered for a chance to win $2,000 and possible publication of the winning story in a future issue or on goodhousekeeping.com.
· Word Count: 1,000 or less
· Deadline: 9/25/15
· Theme: Merry Everything
· Sub-genres: Winter, Seasonal holidays, snowmen, Christmas, etc.
· Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, and we want stories that warm the heart like hot cocoa after a snowstorm. This Christmas list is by no means complete, but here are a few of my favorite things: Silver bells, sleigh rides, snowball fights, surfer Santas, blizzards, the perfect gift, a Christmas card stamped “returned to sender.” Our wish list is for stories that makes us feel the Christmas spirit, alive and well.
· Website: http://splicketypubgroup.com
Blue Mountain Greeting Cards
· Poetry for Valentine’s Day Cards
· Written from personal experience, the prose or poetry piece must be topical, based on real-life, and express genuine feelings.
· Submission Deadline: September 12, 2015
· Payment: $300
Connect with Christina at: