Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fliterary Welcomes Author Margaret Daley!

Welcome to Fliterary! We love making new friends.
Let’s sit together on the swings and you can introduce yourself:



I'm Margaret Daley and have been writing and selling for over thirty years, first in the secular market and now in the Christian fiction market. I love writing inspirational romances and romantic suspense books. To date I've sold 84 books and hope to one day reach 100.

You have a new book out, what’s it about?
My new book is the fifth book in Guardians, Inc. Series for Love Inspired Suspense, about female bodyguards. Each book is a stand alone story about a different female who works for Guardians, Inc.
Guarding the Witness's blurb:
Running out of time…

After two months of protective custody, bodyguard Arianna Jackson is days away from testifying at a murder trial when the unthinkable happens. Her Alaska safe house is attacked, and Arianna is forced to go on the run with U.S. Marshal Brody Callahan. Arianna is used to issuing orders, not taking them, but now, out in the wild, with a bounty on her head and a killer on her heels, she has only one hope of making it to testify—the handsome protector at her side.

Where can we buy it?
Buy at Amazon 
Buy at Barnes and Noble
Buy at ChristianBook.com

If we invited your main character to sit with us, how would she/he react? 
Arianna would be calm and professional. Not a lot ruffles her. She has been shot at and attack with a knife. She knows how to take care of herself.

What would they say? What advice would they give?
Be careful who you trust. But trust in the Lord. He has your back.

If any one person from history could sit with us, who would it be and why?
Jesus or if not Him, one of the apostles like Peter, Paul or John. I would love to hear them talk about their faith and what they have experienced. With Christ I would love to bask in his presence. He wouldn't have to say a word.

Why did you choose to be a Christian writer and what does it mean to you?
I love incorporating a faith element in my stories. I can't imagine living my life without my faith. In the tough times, it's what has kept me sane.

What advice do you have for aspiring authors?
Keep writing. Perseverance is so much a part of this business. I sold 20 books then went through an 8 year dry spell. I tried to quit but I couldn't. I went on to discover the Christian market and to sell 64 books. If I had given up and let the rejection drive me away, I would never have sold those 64 books.

Where can we find you on the web?

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit!
Thank you for having me.

About the Interviewer:
Lisa Phillips is wife, mom of two and worship leader who writes Inspirational Romantic Suspense during nap time. Her first book, The Ultimate Betrayal, will be released from Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense, summer 2014.

No comments: