Tuesday, April 23, 2013

“Write what you know”…or so they say.

photo.JPG

“Write what you know.”
This phrase has been pinging around in my brain the last few days. You know, like those old pinball machines. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. And I’ve come to a conclusion.

This is what I know:

I know that before I got right with God, my life was in the toilet.
I know I’m saved by grace.
I know the past will tie you down and make you wallow in the guilt and shame of the past, but Jesus can set you free.
I know the past will hover like a bad smell so you can’t go an hour without thinking about some stupid decision you made umpteen years ago.
I know you only need to “bring every thought captive”  (2 Corinthians 10v5) until one day you realize you’ve gone a whole month without even thinking about the past.
I know our God is ALIVE and working and moving and REAL.

That's what I know.

Sure, my books are about espionage and covert operations and murder and guns and explosion and there’s some kissing thrown in there, because obviously love conquers ALL. But as far as I’m concerned, that’s just window dressing to a bigger issue. The heart of the matter: God’s heart.

So, how about you? What do YOU know?

Lisa Phillips is a wife, mom and work at home writer. Her first book, The Ultimate Betrayal is coming summer 2014 from Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense.

No comments: