Monday, April 8, 2013

Fliterary (Fun for the Literary) Welcomes Love Inspired Suspense Author Laura Scott, talking about her new book!


Welcome to Fliterary! We love making new friends.
Let’s sit together on the swings and you can introduce yourself:
I love swings! My name is Laura Scott and I write for Love Inspired Suspense.  I’m actually a nurse by day and an author by night. I’ve been married to my husband for 28 years and we have two grown children Nicole 25 and Jon 23. My husband proposed to me 3 and a half weeks after we met, so I am a strong believer in love at first sight and happily ever after.  J

You have a new book out, what’s it about? 
My April LIS book is Undercover Cowboy.  My heroine Kate Townsend is convinced her father’s “accident” was really murder and in her attempt to prove that she ends up right in the middle of hero FBI agent Logan Quail’s undercover operation. Logan is forced to blow his cover to save Kate’s life, but in spite of their rocky beginning, by working together they manage to bring down mafia crime boss Bernardo Salvatore.  And fall in love to live happily ever after.


Book Title
Where can we buy it? 
Walmart carries all the Love Inspired lines. Barnes and Noble might have it or you might have to ask them to order it. Or of course you can buy it on-line at Amazon or the Harlequin website.
  
If we invited your main character to sit with us, how would she/he react? Kate would be very talkative but Logan would be more reserved as he’s the strong, silent type.  Also, Logan grew up on a Texas ranch, so he is more at home in the south. Kate is Chicago born and bred so she loves the big cities.

What would they say? What advice would they give? 
I think they would say that faith and love can get you through anything. Logan lost his faith when his fiancée died but with Kate’s support and love he found his way back to God.  And Kate too, would also agree that Logan’s love and support helped her to grow too.  

If any one person from history could sit with us, who would it be and why?  
That’s a good question. Jesus - Because the theme of my story is forgiveness and I think that sometimes forgiving others is much easier than forgiving ourselves.

Why did you choose to be a Christian writer and what does it mean to you? 
I grew up reading faith books by Grace Livingston Hill and I loved them. However I also longed for a little more suspense, too. I’m so thrilled to be able to combine both into my love inspired suspense books. I like telling stories about real people with faith issues and life issues, but always find a way to make things work out in the end.

What advice do you have for aspiring authors? 
My advice is to never give up. I’m convinced that becoming published is 10% talent and 90% hard work and determination. I have a full time day job but there is nothing that keeps me from writing my books and meeting my deadlines.

Where can we find you on the web? 
I’m at www.laurascottbooks.com and on Facebook Laura Scott Author. I’m on Twitter @laurascottbooks. I always answer all my fan mail. J

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! 
thanks so much for having me.

No comments: