Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fliterary (Fun for the Literary) Welcomes Author Lorraine Beatty!


Welcome to Fliterary! We love making new friends.
Let’s sit together on the swings and you can introduce yourself:

Hello. My name is Lorraine Beatty and I write for Love Inspired.

You have a new book out, what’s it about?
My current book is entitled Rekindled Romance.  It’s the first in a series of books set in the small town of Do Over, Mississippi. It’s a reunion story. The heroine, Shelby Russell broke off their engagement years ago to pursue her career. When a health issue forces her back home she finds herself next door to her former fiancé, now widower, Matt Durrant and his two adorable
kids. Matt has never forgiven Shelby for breaking his heart and wants nothing to do with her. But when he needs a babysitter, she’s the only one who can step in to help and they are forced to confront both their past relationship and the feelings that are being rekindled in the present.


Where can we buy it?
Anywhere Harlequin books are sold. It’s also available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble for those who prefer e-reader friendly version.


If we invited your main character to sit with us, how would she/he react? 
As long as we were talking about business, she would be very cool and professional because she was a senior editor for a teen magazine. If the conversation turned to more personal topics she’d be very hesitant to disclose any information. She’s been hiding behind her career for a long time and avoiding her emotional and faith issues.

What would they say? What advice would they give?
She would probably warn us to be careful about the path we chose and to stop avoiding unpleasant things. You’ll have to deal with them eventually and the sooner the better.

If any one person from history could sit with us, who would it be and why?
Oh wow. This is always so hard for me. I know the politically correct answer would be someone from Biblical times but truthfully, I’d like to spend time with Gene Kelly. I love musicals, and MGM and the  joyful stories they told. I’d love to know the inside scoop, working with all those famous people, great talents like Adolph and Greene. Now they were writers who could create some amazing stories with heart. J

Why did you choose to be a Christian writer and what does it mean to you?
I used to write secular fiction with the steamy love scenes. One day I was working on one and I was hit with a thought – if Jesus walked into my office right now, would I want to show him what I was writing? I had to say no. That’s when I realized I wanted to write stories that would glorify Him. I stopped writing for five years. When I started up again and targets Christian fiction it took nearly eight years to get published again but I’m so thankful I took this path.

What advice do you have for aspiring authors?
Write. Write. Write. Workshops are helpful. Books and seminars and conferences are all very helpful but you can only learn so much from listening to others. The only way to learn is to put pen to paper – or fingers to keyboard.  It’s truly a craft you can only learn by doing.

Where can we find you on the web?
Lorrainebeatty.com
LorraineBeatty.blogspot.com
Pinterest.com/lcbeatty/
facebook.com/Lorrainebeattyauthor

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit!
Thank you for having me. It’s been fun. J

No comments: