Kids Write the Funniest Things!
By Penny Zeller
I love the things kids say (and write!) I've been known to chronicle some of the hilarious spelling sentences my grade-school children have written for their homework assignments on Facebook. Here is a compilation, in no particular order, are 13 of the "best of the best" guaranteed to make you laugh taken directly from the real-life spelling sentence notebooks…
1. She did not know that they do mathematics in the Delaware militia.
2. The tranquil tortoise uniquely remembers going to a unique university in a different universe to learn how to use a vacuum.
3. The mischievous lieutenant (who had been causing mischief), caught pneumonia a day before he had to pay the mortgage.
4. She is afraid the physician will persist with insistence that she get a porcelain cat.
5. The literate mayor will carry a sapphire into a quagmire.
6. One potato makes a whole plate of french fries.
7. The fierce flies forgot about the giant foot and their guide got stepped on. (This one came complete with an illustration!)
8. The mayor looked awfully suspicious when we found him adjacent to the butte in our backyard.
9. The book which you just read (the one that gave you a headache) is substantial.
10. The elephant will be frightened by everybody in the grocery store.
11. The cashier was courteous enough to give me a free chicken.
12. The president's spontaneous reaction while trying taxidermy while eating was not pleasant. (He threw up).
13. The laborious cavalier has a quarrelsome leopard that eats dandelions.
Thank you, Penny for sharing with Fliterary!!
Penny Zeller is the author of seven books and numerous magazine articles. She is also the author of the blog "A Day in the Life of a Wife, Mom, and Author" where she also provides weekly doses of inspiration and humor, along with movie reviews from a Christian worldview, and interviews with some of her favorite author friends.
When she's not writing, Penny enjoys spending time with her family and camping, hiking, canoeing, and playing volleyball.
Please visit Penny Zeller at….www.PennyZeller.com