Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finding Your Voice by Lisa Buffaloe

My friends don’t talk, think, dress, act, or look alike. Not one is a clone of the other. And I love that!

I love their unique qualities…from the quirky friend who rattles off one-liners with the speed of a machine gun, to my friend who reads and studies her Bible so much the pages are falling out. Or the girlfriend who gives the best hugs, and the friend who has the gift of organization, and the one who has the gift of hospitality and cooking (neither of which, I might add, are my strong points). I wouldn’t want any of my friends to change. I cherish them for who they are.

Editors, agents, and publishers are looking for authors with unique qualities and a voice all their own. So how on earth do you find your voice?

To read the rest, please link to… Finding Your Voice 

No comments: