Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Great Adverbectomy

I'm honored to have one of my writing articles appearing on So You Want To Write.org -- The Great Adverbectomy


When I first began writing, my words flowed and dripped onto the paper like sweet honey. Writing was so easy. All I had to do was write a great story, and publishers would clamor to print my work. Who needed to read books on writing, or have writing partners, or attend writing conferences?
Me!
I wrote completely without guidance, operating my keyboard without training wheels. After several manuscript rejections, I found much-needed help through a critique group.
My first writing mentor addressed a problem. Since I had enough adverbs in my first paragraph to send an editor into shock, the offending items had to be removed.


Please link to read the rest... The Great Adverbectomy

No comments: