Friday, June 3, 2011

Stir It Up

Lisa here...

Cooking is not my forte. The fact was so well known when we lived in Chicagoland, our neighbors panicked when they heard my husband’s boss and wife were coming for dinner. I prepared my one “guest worthy” meal, and my helpful/alarmed friends showed up on our doorstep with side dishes and Hors d'oeuvres.  (Yes, I had to check the dictionary on the spelling of that last word…. *sigh*)

While I write this, I have a timer set to remind me to stir the pot of beans cooking on the stove. Otherwise, we would be having burnt bean brick for dinner. My poor husband fortunately is a man of few complaints when it comes to my lack of culinary abilities.

Ah yes, my point with this article. I’m still learning how to cook and use the bounty of cookbooks at my disposal. (I guess they do more than just sit on a shelf.) Excelling at a task, takes time and practice. As with cooking, if you don't stir up your creation, it gets stagnant, burnt, or solidified.

Paul writes to Timothy to fan into flame and stir up the gift he’s been given. Regardless of our professions, or family situations, we are gifted and given opportunities for growth. We have to make the effort and keep stirring.

So writers….

To read the rest please link to....
http://soyouwanttowrite.org/2011/05/stir-it-up/


No comments: