Monday, December 9, 2013

Pick-up Lines

Pick-Up Lines
by Lisa Buffaloe

First lines matter—just ask the nervous guy trying to get the attention of a cute girl. I uncovered these two “pick-up” lines:

“You’re so sweet, you’re going to put Hershey’s out of business.”

“Do you know why the sky is so gray? All the blue is in your eyes.”

Groan.

As a writer, I try to pay attention to the beginning of each story. I want the first paragraph of a novel to entice the reader to keep reading.

As a Christian I want what I write and how I speak to be pick up lines. Lines that pick up weary souls. Words that pick up hurting hearts. Sentences that pick up those who are worried and fearful, picked up with the truth of God’s protection and provision.

Let’s all strive to be pick-up artists. Ready to pick one another up with God’s wonderful words.

Heavenly Father, help me to be a person who picks up others by making sure the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart are always pleasing to You.


"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer." ~ (Psalm 19:14 NLT)
14 
Visit Lisa @ www.lisabuffaloe.com

No comments: