Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Copyright or CopyWRONG?



copyrightistock6-11
One of the loops I follow had a recent conversation about copyright law, and I realized I'd never written about it. So that's what we'll talk about today.

First, the disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and I've never even played one on TV! But through the years I've learned that much of what I initially believed about copyright law was incorrect. You need to know the truth.
1. You do not have to register your work with the U.S. Copyright Office in order for your project to be copyright-protected. Once you create your work in a tangle, fixed form, it is automatically protected.
2. Contrary to what many think, registering with the U.S. Copyright Office does not prevent the bad guys from copying your stuff. If they're going to do it, they will.
To read the rest please link to...Copyright or CopyWRONG?

No comments: