Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lisa Buffaloe's Blog: Father May I?

Lisa Buffaloe's Blog: Father May I?:

"Did you ever play the game, “Mother May I”, or what some call “Captain May I”? One person would be the “Mother” or the “Captain.” That person would stand facing away from the other players – “children” or crewmembers.”


The players take turns asking “Mother/Captain, may I ____?” and makes a movement suggestion. For example, Johnny might ask, “Mother/Captain, may I take five steps forward?” The leader either replies “Yes, you may” or “No, you may not do that, but you may _____ instead” and inserts his/her own suggestion. Such as “Johnny you may take giant/regular/baby steps/scissor steps/bunny hops/frog leaps/ballet steps, forward or backward.”

The players usually move closer but are sometimes led farther away. Even if the leader makes an unfavorable suggestion, the player must still perform the action. The first player to reach the location of the leader wins the game. 

What if the lead person is your best friend? Your very best-friend-forever. ...



No comments: