Friday, April 1, 2011

Effective Self-Presentation for Novelists' Publicity by Rosslyn Elliott

Effective Self-Presentation for Novelists' Publicity

By Rosslyn Elliott


Have you ever seen yourself present something on camera?


I was videotaped teaching college students as part of my training in grad school. Wow, was that an eye-opener. Presenting an analytical subject is not as easy as it feels. Though I was satisfied with my performance overall, I was surprised to see that a few of my points during the lesson might have been an analytical leap for my students, who didn't have my background knowledge to help them connect the dots.

I will never forget what I learned by watching myself on video. What we think we are presenting is not necessarily what comes out to the listener or viewer. To know how we will appear in interviews, we have to look at ourselves from the outside.

In this post, I'm going to showcase three kinds of interview: telephone-to-print, public TV interview, and self-or-publisher-created video interview. 

To read the rest, please link to...http://inkhornblue.blogspot.com/2011/03/effective-self-presentation-for.html

No comments: